Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 31 Aug 1991 09:47:23 EST
About a  week ago, the listserv  at Templevm shut  down because it ran  out of
virtual memory trying to  process a dist job.  I had to log  in and restart it
manually.  This happened twice within two  days time.  The second time it shut
down, I added a meg of VM bringing it up to 4M.  This seems to have solved the
problem.  Listserv has not shut down since this change.

I just received  a note on my  postmaster account that says  there was another
problem.  It  seems as  if someone from  an Internet site  sent a  LIST GLOBAL
command to  my listserv which caused  it to run out  of VM again.  It  did not
shut down though as it did twice last week.

What's causing these  sudden VM problems on Listserv?  Could  it be related to
our recent upgrade from VM XA 2.0 to 2.1?  I hesitate to give Listserv > 4M of
VM.  More than 4M seems excessive.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University