"John R. Andrews" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:06:39 -0500
We currently have listserv running on a AIX host, call it machine1.uic.edu.
We have an DNS "MX" record for "listserv.uic.edu" pointing to this machine,
but no "A" record. The "A" record is for machine1.uic.edu.

Right now email to [log in to unmask] goes fine and the reply
address is [log in to unmask] as you'd want. However, (or so I'm
told) if we add a "C" record for listserv.uic.edu, the replies now say
[log in to unmask] Apparently, listserv follows the DNS chain to
the real machine name. Does this make sense? We want to add the "C" name so
the web server URL can use http://listserv.uic.edu. How can we make
listserv always use listserv.uic.edu in it's replies?

John Andrews