Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:24:04 -0400
At 13:13 06/11/2003 Wednesday, Mark Schwarz wrote:

 >What I would like to do is have ListServ send me a copy of the message (I
 >am subscribed so that isn't an issue) along with the number of subscribers
 >the message went to. Currently I must go to the list reporting panel to get
 >the counts.
 >
 >In my abscense, when someone else sends a message, I do not get an accurate
 >count (unless I count new subscribers & subtract unsubscribers from the
 >current day totals - not to mention the subscribers that ListServ boots
 >from bad email addresses.

But do they actually READ it??? ;-)

All of this presupposes that the numbers that you see bear any
relationship to reality.  They can only approximate, and you really would
need to do an analysis to validate your model.  E.g., I read some lists
via the WEB int.f (and I could be set to NOMAIL); or I might receive the
list distribution via a group remailer i.e., a list subscribed to a list
or gatewayed to a BBS.  Or the number might not include DIGEST/INDEX
subscribers.

If these numbers are of strategic value and are worth money to you, maybe
another of L-Soft's products might better suit?

Otherwise:

REV listname NOH SH
Q listname WITH NOMAIL FOR *@*