Greg Kroll <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Feb 1992 08:39:44 EST
On Fri, 21 Feb 1992 11:48:08 EST John Clutcher said:
>...deleted...
>
>3) I tried the following commands, but they did not work.
>   CTL was an invalid parameter.
>
>    To get this note from LISTSERV (just to review)
>       TELL LISTSERV GET PMCP SIGNUP
>
>    To get this note from LISTSERV (and lock-it to update)
>       TELL LISTSERV GET PMCP SIGNUP (CTL
>
>    To put this note to LISTSERV (and unlock-it)
>       LSVPUT PMCP SIGNUP (PUT
>
>4) Does anyone have a suggestion as to the EXACT commands a user
>   of LISTSERV (not the postmaster) would use to perform the
>   above three commands?  If available, what document has that
>   information?

Your commands look OK to me.  The problem you are having, I believe, is
that you have not defined the FILELIST that contains this file to LISTSERV.
The only two FILELIST's that PSUHMC has defined (besides the standard
LISTSERV ones) are DEVELPMT and HMCPUB.  Unless you have added this file
(PMCP SIGNUP) to one of these FILELIST's nothing will work.

--Greg Kroll