Barbara Passman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:52:19 -0500
I am co-owner of ayso-l which is a listserv for volunteers who coach,
officiate or do other volunteer things for AYSO, American Youth
Soccer Organization.
So, since we have a connection with a youth organization
we are the unofficial list for the organization; its leadership
intentionally does not participate or run the list.) we have to be
concerned with the effects of COPPA.

Any list owner or web master whose list or website is geared to youth
OR who knows youth may participate on his or her list y has to be
concerned about these new child protection intended laws..

This is the new legislation which means web masters and list owners,
etc have to be very careful  vis a vis youth participants.Concerns
about obtaining and relaying personal information from youth, issues
about parental consent  to allow youth to participate etc. This is a
very rough summary of COPPA.

Have any of you yet thought about the implications of COPPA and your list?

Would love to share thoughts and idea.

Barbara Passman