Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 15 Dec 1987 21:24 SET
As  you might  perhaps have  already seen,  1.5m is  now out.  The backlog  at
FRMOP22 seems to have eventually cleared  up, so I am optimistic about getting
the stuff to Germany before the end of the year.

Beta-test sites may get two 'error  28 from STATE routine' messages printed on
the install console log and should  ignore them. They don't cause any problem,
and don't cause the migration process to be marked as 'failed'.

I will be  at FRECP11 on fri-sun this  week, and maybe on thursday.  I have an
exam tomorrow afternoon so  I won't be there. After that  FRECP11 will be shut
down. I will come  ONE day at FRULM11 (either the 21st, 22nd  or 23rd). If you
have a really severe  problem after FRECP11 has been shut  down and --> BEFORE
the 24th <--, please send mail to MAINT@FRULM11 and state clearly that this is
a message for me. Please do not abuse this. If I get messages originated after
the 24th  on MAINT@FRULM11, or  if I get  contacted there for  trivial matters
like  "What is  the percentage  of  peered lists"  or "How  much resource  and
manpower should  I expect LISTSERV to  require if get on  the backbone" (don't
laugh,  I've been  asked these  very two  questions the  last time  I gave  an
emergency userid),  I will never  again answer  questions from the  sender and
will not give any emergency address next time our CPU goes down. I really hate
abusing  other people's  time, especially  when  they are  kindly providing  a
service they could easily have refused to provide.

  Eric