Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:26:22 -0500
"LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote on 03/05/2004 02:50:32 PM:

> Our LISTSERV server is set to use our Exchange 5.5 SP4 server for
sending
> messages.  Worked great until we had some issues with viruses and spam.
>
> Now, LISTSERV will send messages to internal addresses fine, but
addresses
> outside of our domain don't ever get delivered.  There has to be a
simple
> solution, but I can't find it.
>
> The SMTP_forward setting in LISTSERV is set to mail.ourdomain.com like
it
> always has been.
>
> Exchange is set to accept relay from the LISTSERV server's private IP
> address, but nowhere else.
>
> I get no error messages.  The only way we know that a message hasn't
been
> delivered to the external addresses is when someone calls.
>
> Any ideas where to start?

Have you looked at the Exchange logs? Is the message getting that far?
Have you tried a manual connection from the listserv machine to the
exchange server (telnet mail.ourdomain.com 25) to verify Excahnge will
still accept connections? How about manually forging a message on that
connection?

What is the listserv log showing when it processses a message?