Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:57:09 -0400
I have a few lists running on the latest Listserv software (with LSMTP)
under Windows 2000. Every once in a while, I get an error message on one
of the lists that I find completely confusing. If anyone can shed some
light on this issue, please let me know.

Here's an example of one of the error messages:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:54:14 -0400
Subject: Message ("An error occurred while logging mail to the...")

An error occurred  while logging mail to the archives  of the UNIXFOLK list.
An incomplete copy of the message might  be present in the archive file. The
list is being held to prevent further occurrences of this error. Please take
corrective action  and issue  a "FREE  UNIXFOLK" command  when you  want the
message to be reprocessed.

Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'00D00103' opening file F:\LSV-LISTS\UNIXFOLK\UNIXFOLK.LOG0108 <<<
 -> Severity: Error
 -> Facility: Win32 error codes
 -> Abstract: Unspecified error (32) - Refer to the Win32 online help
 -> W32 info: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

 -> I/O mode: Record write