Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Mon, 13 Jul 87 16:04:05 CDT
I guess that's what I get for taking a vacation from LSTSRV-L and LISTSERV.
I have archives, so date references are sufficient.  I would have to get
them off of the secondary archives back that far, which is not easy for
bulk recalls and thus not grep-able.  So when did 1.5j go out or is it out?
I seem to have missed it.  I am checking now to see if I am still on the
LSTSRV-D list.

One problem I still have not found a solution to, so I wonder if it has
been solved yet.  When the distribute function is used, and a userid is
not there, the reject goes back to the closest LISTSERV to the destination,
NOT to the LISTSERV holding the list.  Thus, if it was my LISTSERV that
did the distributing remotely, I have to read the reject, but I can't do
much about the entry in the list.  Normally, if it's a list I have here,
I just remove them (on FIRST occurence).  There's too many of these things
to hold off any length of time.  I got over 250 rejections from just this
weekend (about 1/2 due to userid no longer there, other 1/2 due to syntax
errors in FROM fields that MAILER can't handle).