CCMRG@BOSTONU
Mon, 27 Apr 87 19:21:06 EDT
I too am rather disturbed at Eric's change in attitude - granted, it has
reason, but the optimist in me (once again) hopes that we can
overcome the "temporary" difficulty involved in centralized service of
peers names. Maybe something along the lines of making people
submit for connection to the LISTSERV backbone therefore accepting
the responsibility of keeping LISTSERV up to snuff. Anyone who does
not wish to take part in the backbone and further releases of LISTSERV
and then just sit on the side lines and watch life pass them by.
Maybe it is not the solution Eric, but maybe it's a start. You've
got a good thing going here - anyone who says different is LYING! -
I hope you will reconsider and try and develop a solution to
our sorrowful problem.
"end of pep talk"
            - Michael Gettes, Boston University