"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:42:36 -0800
Your removal from the &LISTNAME list [Delete1] starts off with "You have
been removed form the LISTNAME list".  Is that the one you need to
modify?

Shannon  :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor WebMistress
http://www.develop.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ubergeeks know the answer to everything is 42, that anger leads to the
dark side, and that there is only one ring to rule them all and in the
darkness bind them.
Are you an übergeek? Don't think you are. Know you are."
--www.thinkgeek.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 3:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Customizing Signoff Response

> At 22:58 02/14/2002 Thursday, I wrote:
>  >When someone signs off a list, they get a message from LISTSERV that
>  >simply states:
>  >
>  >  "You have been removed from the LISTNAME list."
>  >
>  >Is there any way to customize this particular message?

I have been unable to find a solution. If I use the FAREWELL message,
then the user receives two E-mails (not very friendly to someone who
wants off the list).

I would think there is an entry in the MAILTPL to customize the above
message, but the only ones I could find are SIGNOFF1 and SIGNOFF2,
neither of which applies.

Is there a way to either suppress the above E-mail (so that the FAREWELL
is the only E-mail the user receives) or customize the default LISTSERV
response? If not, would this be a feature that may be added in the
future?

--
Dave