"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 08:47:07 EST
Though I can't solve the "design" problem of big archives on a
"small" system, if you are not in a rush, you can probably
offload the prime-time processing of your SEARCH (request) by
using the following // JOB card syntax:

//SrchSAS JOB Echo=no,prime=NO

Though I am not positive, I was under the impression that
the listserv-maintainer had some control over when searches
are enabled. (?)

With a cursory observation of the topology of the PEERed SAS-L
archives and the dates covered by each, it would seem that MARIST
is the most complete.  Nevertheless, depending on your specific
knowledge of which other archives might cover your dates, maybe
VTVM1 or UGA would suffice?  alternatively maybe there are WEB
sites that would provide better service (assuming there are such
WEB sites and you have a browser).  Needless to say, Melvin would
be as expert on this as anyone.

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask] "Morning After on the Internet: net-censorship"