Michael Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:17:22 -0500
     Darrell,

     You can do that by defining a Subject header for the list.

     Update the list header as follows:
          * Subject-Tag=[what you want as the subject tag text]
          * Default-Options=SUBJecthdr

     Then set the option for all existing members:
          Quiet Set [listname] SUBJecthdr For *

     I was using it for a short time, but found it to not work quite right
     for me. For example, the subject on a replied to message looked
     something like this:

          Re[2]: [KT-PL] Re[2]: [KT-PL] Re[2]: [KT-PL] Test to see wha

     ([KT-PL] was the subject header).

     Mike

Subject: QUESTION: The list name included in the SUBJECT: header
Author:  Darrell Early <[log in to unmask]> at Internet
Date:    1/22/98 1:11 PM

Hello All,

I remember reading (some time back) about a way to include the name of the
list in the SUBJECT: header of all outgoing mail.  I have been scanning the
LISTSERV docs for about 45 minutes but can't find it.  Of course, I could
be looking for the wrong keywords. :)  Several of my users mail systems
strip out lots of information from the mail header, and they are on several
'like' list and they don't know which one it originated from to respond.
This option would help those users.

Please advise.  Thanks in advance.  --Darrell   [log in to unmask]