"Janyne M. Kizer" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:27:16 -0500
I'm looking for a listserver/majordomo host for two small non-profit dog
organizations that I belong to.

LABMED (http://www.pagesz.net/~jmkizer/labmed.html) is a nonprofit
organization that was founded to provide emergency monies to offset
expenses incurred in the medical treatment of abandoned and/or injured
Labrador Retrievers in need of rescue. LABMED is a potential resource
for cases in which no Labrador Retriever or general rescue organization
exists, for animals rejected by local rescue organizations, or for animals
which have exceeded shelter limits on duration of stay or have exhausted
all other avenues of funding. By using the communication powers of the
Internet, Labrador-L Emergency Medical Assistance is able to rapidly
intercede on the behalf of deserving Labrador Retrievers worldwide.

The ultimate goal of Labrador-L Emergency Medical Assistance is to help
raise the quality of life and adoptability of rescue animals which are
expected to regain good health and which display the positive temperment
which so defines the Labrador as a breed. Labrador-L Emergency Medical
Assistance hopes to provide these animals with the opportunity to lead
happy, healthy lives in stable and loving homes. In addition, LABMED aims
to stimulate a dialogue, through its efforts and the example it sets,
which will educate the general public about rescue animals and
rescue organizations.

The purpose of this list would be for the board of directors  -- which is
a maximum of 20 lab-l list members spread throughout the world -- to
discuss fundraising issued, applications and other issues.  Traffic is
medium to light.  LABMED is a registered nonprofit organization run on a
totally volunteer basis.

The other list is for a flyball team.  This group of dog fanciers discuss
team business issues -- such as what tournaments to go to -- via e-mail so
that we can concentrate on dog training when we meet.  The current size is
about 12 members and we anticipate capping the size at about 30 members.
Traffic on this list is light.  The DogGoneFast flyball team is also a
not-for-profit organization.

Janyne

LABMED Committee Member                DogGoneFast! Flyball Team member
 Janyne Kizer, Certified NetWare Engineer                     Apex, NC
 Hannah (Cedarwoods Crosscreek Duet, CGC)           [log in to unmask]
 Penny - Rescue Lab                     http://www.pagesz.net/~jmkizer/