Rich Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:24:28 -0400
On: Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 12:44:11PM -0400,Pete Weiss Wrote:

} At 12:30 10/02/2003 Thursday, UB Listserv Administrator wrote:
} >I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I've got a question from a
} >list owner and I'm not good with monitoring reports so I'm not sure
} >how to fix this or respond to them.
} >
} >They have a list where Auto-Delete is set as:
} >
} >Auto-Delete= Yes,Full-Auto,Delay(90),Max(3)
}
} Just because an address shows up on the the Monitoring Report does not
} 100% mean that the exact RFC822 address displayed is:
}
} 1) currently a subscriber
}
} 2) was a subscriber
}
} Then again it could be.

Pete is correct, and what usually happens is that A who is a subscriber
has thier email forwarded to B who is not a subscriber.  Then B
dissapears and the bounces from B's ISP come back to Listserv.  Listserv
doesn't know that A has forwarded the mail.

The solution is to add probing.  Listserv can detect the original
addresse of a bounced probe.  Try:

   * Renewal= monthly,Probe

And each address will be tested once a month.

--
Rich Greenberg   Work:  Rich.Greenberg atsign worldspan.com  + 1 770 563 6656
N6LRT   Marietta, GA, USA   Play: richgr atsign panix.com    + 1 770 321 6507