Nick Gimbrone <NJG@CORNELLA>
Wed, 28 Jan 87 19:14:53 EST
>2) Actually, after  digging a  little deeper,  I saw that  moving 5  lines from
>   line 175  in the raw image  file to line  169 completely cured the  file. In
>   other words,  two blocks of 5  lines have been  SWAPPED in the file  with no
>   loss of data.  I swear that LISTSERV  does not block DD card  input lines by
>   any value, least of all 5!!
>
>3) Idea: 5*80=  400. Size of a  default DMTNJI RSCS buffer?  400 bytes... Nodes
>   affected? Everything down and including  SUVM. The question is: does anybody
>   near SUVM install RSCS V2 recently (or suchlike?)
Some items of interest:
1) A distribution for MAILBOOK list suffered from this EXACT same problem
sometime late in December (after the 22nd, but before the 31st).
2) SUVM connects to CornellC connects to PSUVM all of which are running
DMTVMB.
3) I don't know where the next hop on RSCS would be, but I'd guess that
it might very well be towards UGA which would be via OhstVMA (someone
with access to the list of all servers should verify this).  PSUVM
connects to OhstVMA via a new (about 10Dec86 or so) V2 RSCS link on
Ohio's system.  I don't know what their blocksize is.

Perhaps someone can run a bit further w/ this ball.
-njg