Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 5 May 2001 23:39:52 -0400
I have some PERL scripts that generate Listserv reports. These scripts run
directly on our Listserv, which is a system that runs Tru64 Unix as its
OS. These scripts currently use the listview utility to gather information
about the lists on our server. What I want to do is find a better way to
generate some of the information I want. For example, given a particular
list, I want to figure out the number of subscribers to that list and to
do that, I am hoping I can code something like the following statement in
PERL:

  lcmd query listname for *@* | grep -c "\@"

The trouble is that the lcmd utility doesn't appear to do anything. When I
log in, gain root access or log in as listserv and type "lcmd" at the Unix
prompt, all I get is a Unix prompt back. Nothing appears in Listserv's
logfile either.

How can I get this to work, or is there a better alternative to lcmd
that I should look at?