Valdis Kletnieks <VALDIS@CLVM>
Mon, 8 Aug 88 19:18:31 EDT
Eric:

I *know* I can change the INACT variable.

However, this loses if it really *does* go INACTIVE.

WHat I ended up doing was adding another ParseDRAIN variable,
*and* modifying LSV$LMNR to say basically

if (parseINACT or parseDRAIN then signal INACTIVE;

I just thought I'd bring it to you (and the lists) attention.

BTW - yet ANOTHER 'just modify the parse in LMON SYSVARS' gotcha:

The code as shipped doesn't deal with RSCS's that insist on returning

LINK xxxxxxxx INACTIVE

when 'xxxxxxxxx' is the link name with LEADING blanks to make a constant
8 wide.

And yes, I was able to figure this one out too - just mentioning it
for the NEXT person who may trip over it - took me 15 minutes of
editing in SAY statements before I clued in (but then, this WAS at
2AM).

                                  Valdis