Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Jan 90 16:12:35 EST
  Hello everyone.  It used to be that listserv management here at Temple U.
was handeled by our systems group; however, the fellow who used to manage
our listserv and serve as postmaster left for bigger and better things.  Last
semester, a list called MKT160 was created for a marketing course.  The owner
of that list now wants to change the list to MKT505 for another course.  I
know he can change the title of the list, that's easy.  But he want's to change
the entire list so that his students subscribe to MKT505 instead of MKT160.
I assume this means I need to shut down the old MKT160 list and create a new
MKT505 list.  Two questions come to mind.  How do I shut down the MKT160 list?
How do I establish a new MKT505 list.  I tried doing a GET MKT160 from my
postmaster account and changing the PUT command at the top to put it back as
MKT505 hoping that it would create the new list.  Of course I also created an
IBM account called MKT505 to accept mail on that list but my attempts failed.
All I can get as a response was mail from listserv saying I need to use a
create password but nothing in the on-line documentation says anything about
that.  All the docs say is that PUT will establish a new list.  Any help you
can provide will be very much appreciated.

Stan Horwitz               Bitnet:    STAN AT TEMPLEVM
Temple University          Internet:  STAN AT VM.TEMPLE.EDU
Mainframe Consultant       Ma Bell:   215-787-5555