"Vetter, Gary J." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:08:32 -0500
I've been asked to provide Listserv functionality for two separate domains.
For example:

list1@domain1   list3@domain2
list2@domain1   list4@domain2

I have a commercial version of Listserv-Lite along with a (pretty good)
understanding of its limitations in regards to running "virtual" domains.
(I could put both domains under "MYDOMAIN=", but without support for the
"List-Address=" parameter, I really don't get the desired results.)

My second domain falls under the license conditions for the "Free" version
of Listserv-Lite.  Therefore, I could simply use a different server to
support my second domain.  However, it there ANY way to use my existing
server to run both instances of Listserv-Lite?

Here's what I've tried:
-  Installed Listserv twice on the server, into two separate directories
-  Configured the server to utilize two IP addresses and configured DNS
accordingly
-  Configured each Listserv to utilize its own specific IP address
-  Started the first Listserv...works great!
-  Cannot start the second Listserv because it says the process is already
running.

Any guidance would be appreciated!  Regards...

Gary J. Vetter
Information Technology Dept.
State of North Dakota