John Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:01:19 -0700
I am in the process of migrating servers and I am posed with an issue.

We have 460 + lists  and I would like to change their archive directory
locations.
My problem is that I do not want to do a get and post for each list.

What are my options to do a massive update to the list headers?

I have tried to use visual Interdev to do a search and replace in these
files and was unsuccessful. I then found out that all the .list files for
non-vm machines are stored in a binary file format.. not ASCII. Visual c++
has a binary editor in which I can search and replace in one file at a time,
however is limited and can not do a massive search to give me an index of
every .list file that matches my search pattern.

-John

ITtoolbox: Portals for IT Doers and Decision-Makers
http://www.ITtoolbox.com