Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:48:13 -0500
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:30:02 EST, [log in to unmask]  said:
> "LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote on 02/10/2004 01:15:15 PM:
>
> > We want to configure our website to have a different address than the
> > listserv address.  Example sending the post ends in a @oclc.org, but we
> > don't want our webpages to have that, we want listserv.oclc.org.   Has
> > anyone out there had to configure their install that way.
> >

> All that requires is a simple DNS entry:
>
> listserv        IN CNAME oclc.org.
>
> This assumes there is an A record for the server named oclc.org, if not
> adjust accordingly.  Whomever handles your DNS work should be familiar
> with this.

Note that this will often cause indigestion for mail, as it will sometimes show
up as [log in to unmask] and sometimes [log in to unmask], based on whether or not
the name is canonified.  This becomes even more fun if there's also a DNS
entry that MX's oclc.org to a separate mail server machine... ;)