Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 18:00:54 +0100
On Tue, 28  Feb 1995 09:30:13 CST  Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>Since  this came  up.... what  about the  listserv.log file?  Can it  be
>deleted while  Listserv is  running, or do  we need a  cron job  to stop
>listserv every night,  delete the log, and restart  listserv? The reason
>we want to do this is that the  log file will fill up the filesystems if
>it goes for more than a few days.

This file is  created with "... > listserv.log", so  whatever rules apply
on  your  brand of  unix  for  redirected  output  apply for  this  file.
Personally I would restart LISTSERV once a  day with a fresh log file and
keep the last X days in compressed format.

  Eric