Stanley Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 08:54:38 -0500
On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Roger Fajman wrote:
> In order to create a password, you must be able to intercept the mail sent
> to the address for which the password is being set, so that you can reply
> with the correct confirmation code.  This is much harder than simply faking
> the From address in a mail message.

Thanks Roger. I am aware of that. I am not sure what I did wrong
initially, but I did send a confirmation. Listserv responded that the
confirmation was received, but the password was still not recognized when
I actually tried to use it. In any event, the "PWC ADD" command did what I
needed so the problem has been solved.