Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 30 May 1996 20:44:09 +0200
I have now implemented  support for MIME digests, but I  can't find a MUA
that will do something *useful* with  them. I've tried just about all the
unix  MUAs in  the book  and all  they do  is inform  me that  this is  a
multipart MIME message, comprised of 13 parts labelled "part #1" to "part
#13", and  then they  just dump the  whole text to  the screen.  It looks
exactly  like a  regular  digest,  with the  separators  removed. If  the
individual  messages  are  MIME  messages,  they  are  *not*  decoded  or
processed in any special way. Now, admittedly I used whatever version was
pre-installed  on the  various unix  boxes we  have, but  before I  start
fighting with half a dozen makefiles I'd like to know for a fact that I'm
going somewhere  :-) So, if you're  a happy user of  MIME digests, please
let me know what mail software you  are using and above all which version
number.

Thanks!

  Eric