Alan Thew <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Feb 1991 11:46:57 GMT
Recently a friend of mine mailed a list that I read via a USENET
bit.listserv.* group.

He was in fact re-posting something and used a Resent-subject: field.
This field was totally ignored by  LISTSERV and indeed does not appear in
the notebook from the site which gateways this list to USENET.

However, while the USENET header  fields again use the  original subject
field,  the Resent-Subject:  field  is  at least  present  in the  header
fields. I'm puzzled as to why the field is  omitted completely from the
LISTSERV notebook. (why  this field was not used instead  of the original
subject field is a different problem....).

Alan Thew  : University of Liverpool Computer Laboratory
Bitnet/Earn: [log in to unmask] or QQ11%UK.AC.LIVERPOOL @ UKACRL
    UUCP   :           ....!mcsun!ukc!liv!qq11
   Voice   :  +44 51 794 3735        FAX : +44 51 794 3759
Internet   : [log in to unmask] or QQ11%LIVERPOOL.AC.UK @ NSFNET-RELAY.AC.UK