Vickie Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 00:38:42 -0400
It's funny how what looks useless to one, is another's favorite.
Our owners love the STATS command, and are complaining much
about its loss when we move them over to our UNIX Listserv.

They use it to easily get a total on postings to give in funding requests.
Since the lists are moderated, and the moderators switch off, the postings
all seem to come from the different moderators--so they use it to balance
the work load, as they can see how many postings each one has handled.

In other words we still want it (though it doesn't look like we're going
to have it).

Eric, I take it you're not going to port that STATS command then?  Will
the new Accounting procedure be in the upcoming upgrade?  Or in a soon
upgrade?  We're thinking we may need to get someone here to write a script
that will pull the info out of the logs, as everyone wants it--but it
would be great to avoid the extra work if Listserv will do it again soon.

Thanks for any info.

Vickie L. Banks
H-NET Technical Assistance

P.S.  Any date on when you're going to release the upgrade yet?

George Tsai wrote:
>  Add to that question: Has stats command implemented for UNIX?
> (I use the stats command for Listserv IRIX and got back:
> "The STATS command has not yet been ported to this environment." )

Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> replied: