Joseph Baron <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 22:25:15 -0400
Hello all, great forum.

I am a new list owner and a member of several other lists. I have noticed
that about half of the posts on the other lists are about how to find
information on questions previously asked.

Is there a way for me to set up my new list to allow members to look up
information that has already been discussed on the list? I have read about
the INDEX feature and would appreciate some more information from those of
you who use it.

Our list deals with a programming language and I would see it very valuable
to be able to database the information exchanged for future reference by all.
How long will the files remain on the server if the index setting is used?

Thanks,
Joseph