Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:24:06 -0400
On 7/20/2006 18:47, Harris, Jason (DIS) wrote:
> I bet curl or wget would work, maybe.   Script generated header + mailx
> and curl/wget + wa.cgi methods seem about the same amount of work.

We create thousands of lists each semester with automated processes that use
shell and/or perl scripts. In general, a cron job runs a script that reads an
input data file, creates list header files using a standard template, then
submits a PUT job by email for each list to be created. The specific LISTSERV
postmaster address that is used on these PUT jobs, and on the subsequent ADD
jobs which populate these lists, leads to /dev/null, so we do not have a
mailbox overflowing with job output. Later in the day, another cron job runs
another script to verify that the required lists, directories, and aliases
were created.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team