"Rix, Von" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 12 Dec 1994 18:00:00 PST
I am beta testing Listserv from L-Soft.  It is not a for Window 3.1 it is
for Windows NT 3.5.

I never heard of pcbuucp.  Could you tell me more about it, where I can get
it or if you have heard of a better one.

Listserv from L-Soft appears to be good but I am know to Listservers and I
want a fall back plan in case the military command I work for gets cheap and
will not buy the final release of Listserv from L-Soft or if we need to
rededicate our current server to another task.

Thanks,

Von W. Rix
NMRI/TD, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Tri-Service Toxicology Consortium
Phone: 513-255-6058
 ----------
From: owner-lstsrv-l
To: Multiple recipients of list LSTSRV-L
Subject: Re: 2 questions I need help on
Date: Sunday, December 11, 1994 9:44PM

On Sun, 11 Dec 1994 12:12:00 -0500 Ted Kraus said:
>I have 2 questions hopefully someone can help me with.
>The first, I'm using pcbuucp to manage 4 mailing lists. The software is
>OK but nothing great. Anyone have suggestions on another program that
>will work on a PC and where can I get it.

LISTSERV has a version that runs on MS windows 3.1, last time I heard this
version is in its beta test.  Please send e-mail to [log in to unmask] for
more information.

>Second, one of the problems of pcbuucp is when it sends out mail from
>the list, the "from" address the subscribors receive is that of the
>orginal person that posted the message. Therefore, when someone wants to
>respond, instead of using the "RE"spond command, they have to change the
>address to that of the list, so everyone will receive the message.
>Any ideas?

Ted, I never use pcbuucp before, so I don't know how to get around the
problem you are having.  However, one of the list owners wants to peer
a list (LISTSERV 1.8a) with the one on @property.com.  I told him it is
not possible because pcbuucp and LISTSERV are not compatible.  I personally
*love* LISTSERV, if the guys at property.com decide to user LISTSERV, I am
sure the owner will be very happy to hear this.

P.S. these are my own opinion only and I am just a satisfy customer of
LSOFT.

Dustin Fu                             :(817) 273-3666
Central Systems Support               :
Academic Computing Services           :BITNET: C015FDH@UTARLVM1
University of Texas at Arlington, USA :Internet: [log in to unmask]