Peter DiCamillo <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:49:48 -0500
Bret Hilton wrote:
> Is it possible to change the name of a list? That is, without creating a new list
> and migrating everyone over to the new list?
>
> I'm sure this question gets asked very frequently, but I could not find the
> answer when searching the archives of this list.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Bret
I get enough request to rename lists that I wrote a perl script to do
it.  The rename procedure has the advantage of preserving the list
archives.  The script is for a Unix installation of Listserv, and you
can download it at: http://listserv.brown.edu/local/rename_list.pl.

You'll want to edit the configuration variables at the beginning, and
I'd suggest also reading through it.

Disclaimer: While this works well for me, it's up to you to verify it
works and is safe to use at your site.

Peter