"Margaret_A.King" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:20:00 EST
Dan wrote:

> Help, please.  Running 1.8b under VM on old IBM mainframe.

You are not the only one.

> You reboot LISTSERV, and if send msg to it when connected, no response.
> The TELL command gets to the LISTSERV account, but nothing happens.

It won't come up if you log onto it.  Did you log onto it or
autolog it?  If you are logging onto it I think you need to type
EXEC LSVPROF to make it come up.

> If you change it to disconnected, then say TELL LISTSERV HELP

It checks to see if it is disconnected right away.  It will only come
up automagically if it is disconnected when it first starts up (e.g.
if you autolog it).

> We have no mainframe person....he quit.  There is a "consultant" but he
> knows nothing about LISTSERV.  I know LISTSERV pretty well, but not the
> mainframe details.

Does he know enough about the mainframe to know how to make himself a
secuser?  That might be useful if you are autologging it.  Or, do you
know where the "console spool" goes?

Margaret King ([log in to unmask])
MSU Computer Lab