Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Mon, 18 Dec 89 15:45:32 GMT
>The CH Gateway shown in the From  field above would appear to be another
>addition to the "LISTSERV hate list."

Absolutely, unfortunately I've never managed to convince them to generate
delivery  errors that  can be  understood  by mortal  men. The  offending
address is either postmaster@MINT  or postmaster%mint@CERNVAX, and it's a
good idea to SERVE it OFF.

>It looks  like LISTSERV is  dumping variables  into the 'To:'  field ...
>curious.

LISTSERV isn't dumping anything. That funny:

>To: Andreas Magun
>    <S=magun;OU=iap;OU=sun;ORG=UNIBE;PRMD=UNIBE;ADMD=ARCOM;C=CH>

is simply an  X.400 address. Welcome to the world  of Standard Protocols,
Herb!

  Eric