"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Wed, 31 Aug 88 21:45:23 GMT
I don't have time  to write a full description of the  feature today, and some
people are asking me for some info to get started. Well:

1. Load the code.

2. Look  at the  new variables  at the end  of LISTSERV  SYSVARS, and  add the
   appropriate statements to your LOCAL SYSVARS.

3. The  new syntax for  notebooks/files to be  kept on a  dynamically accessed
   disk is to replace the "fm" indication  (eg L1) with 'Xn/cuu', where 'n' is
   the desired  filemode number (0-6) and  'cuu' is the 3-hex  digits minidisk
   address. This change  should be made either in the  NOTEBOOK= keyword or in
   the FILEID file, wherever the filemode appeared before. Thus you might have
   "Notebook= Yes,X1/202,Monthly,Public' or '*DEFAULT* X2/203'. You don't need
   to  change  anything  for  lists/files  you don't  want  to  migrate  to  a
   dynamically accessed disk.

4. Start  up LISTSERV.  For each  list you have  moved to  a dynamic  disk, do
   'REFRESH listname'. This is the one incompatibility (or call it restriction
   if you will) in the dynamic disk support.

That's all.

  Eric