> On Sep 19, 2015, at 7:55 PM, Ron Beatteay <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> I just got home from work so I'm trying to
> reset a list to moderated.
> 
> I tried to set the list configuration like this:
> 
> Send= Private/Default-Options = Review

As you discovered, unfortunately that isn’t a valid setting.  This is what I suggested you use:

>> If you want messages from non-subscribers to be rejected outright, then you can’t use ‘Send= Editor’, but you can use the following work-around:
>>  
>>     Send= Private
>>     Default-Options= REVIEW
>>  
>> This tells LISTSERV that only messages from subscribers should be accepted (that’s the ‘Send= Private’ part), and that anyone who joins or is added to the mailing list should have the REVIEW subscription option set, which means that their messages will be moderated.  This won’t affect any existing subscribers, so, if the mailing list already has members, you should go under ‘List Management’ to ‘LISTSERV Command’ and issue a
>> 
>>     quiet set nameoflist review for *@*
>>  
>> command, replacing ‘nameoflist’ with the name of the mailing list.  These steps taken together will ensure that all subscribers, present and future, will have the REVIEW subscription option set and will have their messages moderated.

Combining the two setting given above into one, combining them with a slash, isn’t recognized by LISTSERV.

-jwgh
############################

To unsubscribe from the LSTSRV-L list:
write to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
or click the following link:
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-PEACH.exe?SUBED1=LSTSRV-L&A=1

ATOM RSS1 RSS2