Erik Talley <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:42:03 -0500
I have several lists which are low usage (1 message per week or so). The
problem I'm having is setting an auto-delete option to actually delete
the user eventually. I have included an example monitoring report and
the header information for one of the lists below. Here's what happens:
a message is sent to the list, I receive an error report, 5 days go by
without a message being sent to the list, the error monitoring system
resets itself, another message is sent to the list, I receive an error
monitoring report, etc.

In actuality, unless a message is posted at least once every 5 days, a
user would never be deleted. It seems what I need to do is increase the
number of days that go by before the monitoring ceases...maybe to 30 or
something like that. Can anyone let me know if this will work or any
better suggestions.

I am very new to LSoft (less than 2 weeks) so I'm still figuring a lot
of this out.

***********************example error monitoring
report***************************
The following 1 subscriber is currently being monitored:

Err First Last  Address
--- ----- ----- -------
  3 09/24 09/24 Louise Voress <[log in to unmask]>
                Last error: Host unknown (Name server: acs.rog: host not
found)

Err=   Number of delivery errors received thus far
First= Date first delivery error was received (mm/dd)
Last=  Date of most current delivery error (mm/dd)

Subscribers will be automatically deleted from the list when delivery
errors
have been  reported for a  period of  4 days or  more, or when  100
delivery
errors have  been received,  whichever occurs  first. Monitoring  will
cease
after 5 days without any reported error.

Note: manually deleted subscribers may remain on the monitoring report
under
an alias address. Such entries will expire eventually; you do not need
to do
anything about them.
* Notify= Yes       Reply-To= List,Respect     Files= Yes
* Validate= No      Stats= Normal,Private      Confidential=No
* Notebook= Yes,/home/listserv/home,Monthly,Private
*
* Owner= [log in to unmask] (Erik Talley)
* Owner= quiet:
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
* Owner= [log in to unmask]
___________review of dchas-l showing header info.________

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Erik

Erik A. Talley, Assistant Director
(Chemical Safety and Hazardous Waste Management)
Center for Environmental Health & Safety
Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
e-mail: [log in to unmask]