"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 4 May 2001 15:29:32 -0400
Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]> wrote, in part..
> I believe that L-Soft should make necessary changes to the LISTSERV
> product to make 'Subscription= Open' and 'Subscription= Open,Confirm'
> functionally equivalent, i.e., either form of the statement will be
> accepted, for backwards compatibility with existing lists, however,
> LISTSERV will always send a subscription confirmation request, even
> if the 'confirm' parameter is not present.

Since we clone various templates for new lists and none of them omit
Confirm, we have very few such lists (maybe one ... I'm not saying which
one!).  Were LSoft to make such a change, I'd like LISTSERV to adjust and
report any noConfirm lists, so they will continue operating as today and
we'll have a chance to negotiate with the list owner(s) for the operational
change.

Do you want a list-owner ADD to start the OK procedure?

   (I'd like to see this capability).

Do you want list-owner CHANGE to start the OK procedure?

   (Perhaps strange, but I don't see this as a big need).

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith                       mailto:[log in to unmask]
Systems Group - UNET                 University of Maine System
LISTSERV maintainer for http://lists.Maine.edu/