Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:34:51 -0600
I've looked at the Site Administrator's guide and the Advanced Topics
guide and I see nothing about the question I've got. I am interested
in knowing how Listserv behaves when problems arise with DBMS lists.

If Listserv is configured for and using DBMS lists and one of those
DBMS lists is active but the DB servicing it becomes unavailable:

1. Is delivery and access to other lists affected?
2. If mail is sent to a DBMS list experiencing problems access its
user information, what happens to the mail (is it: queued, bounced,
etc)?
3. If there are connection problems between listserv and a DB
servicing one or more of its lists, who is notified?

Thanks!

Mike Neuharth, BA, LPIC-1
Email/UNIX System Administrator
Internet Services, University of Minnesota
"What is important, it seems to me, is not so much to defend a culture
whose existence has never kept a man from going hungry, as to extract,
from what is called culture, ideas whose compelling force is identical
with that of hunger."  -Antonin Artaud