"Christian J. Reichetzeder" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Sep 90 09:26:48 SET
On Thu, 6 Sep 90 19:44:28 EDT John F. Chandler said:

>Just one more comment that I can't  resist making: the proper procedure is to
>load the TOD clock with GMT *always*. Loal  time is kept (in VM) by adding an
>offset to GMT and  labeling it with the chosen three-letter  tag, but NJE and
>NETDATA time stamps are  supposed to be in GMT, and so  is the &TIME variable
>in EXEC 2. Many sites seem to take a shortcut here.

We decided to  set our 3090 ONCE  AND FOREVER to zulu and  for daylight saving
time we only  change the offset. The  effect is that we  now sometimes receive
files  which  will be  created  in  the near  future  (speak:  the next  hour)
according to the timestamp.
Sites setting GMT and  a correct offset change their TOD  and leave the offset
constant for changing to DST and back.
Christian