Marco Ostini <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:13:45 +1000
Hi there,

> > So, being a bit of a hacker (NOT Cracker) I had a look in the .LIST file
> > for the list in question and edited the owner portion of it so that it was
> > my email address instead of my predecessor.
>
> You didn't edit it in-place, rather than with a GET/PUT pair or the Web
> interface? Did you? Please say you didn't...

I used a text editor. That's what text editors are for, no?

> > Please help me out of this. I need to:
> >
> >         1) take control of all the lists
>
> Getting yourself listed as the Postmaster should do it..

It has NOT, hence the source of my frustration and problems. I used
site.exe to edit the config file and added my email address as
postmaster. This has had no effect as it still tells me that I'm not the
owner of a list, and hence I can't add or remove people...

> You *do* have backups, right?

Sure, but I still can't edit anything... (unless I use a text editor...)

Thanks, but more assistance required.

Marco
--

           Marco Ostini                   Senior IT Officer
  ,-_|\