Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:17:02 -0500
>Perhaps this is easy, but I didn't see how in the documentation. I'd like
>to replace all of the subscribers on a list without having to do a GET
>first to get the header. The web interface bulk facilities can do it, but
>can email?

I _believe_ that what the bulk facilities do is the equivelent of:

        QUIET DEL listname *@*
        ADD listname DD=ddname IMPORT
        //ddname DD *
[. . .]
        /*

Even if it's implemented differently, the above should do what you want.

Note that if you have Validate=Yes,Confirm enabled you'll have to
confirm each command seperately, and you should make sure to confirm
the QUIET DEL command first.

Putting OK BEGIN and OK END around the above should work, I think,
but I would test that with something smaller and less dangerous like

        OK BEGIN
        THANKS
        ADD listname DD=ddname IMPORT
        // ddname DD *
        ASingle@SampleEmailAddress
        /*
        OK END

before I would trust it.  Assuming it does work this would result in
only one confirmation being necessary (and you wouldn't have to worry
about the order in which you confirmed things, obviously).

I hope this is helpful,
Jacob Haller