Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 15:50:10 EDT
On Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:45:48 -0500 Andrew Bosch said:
>What is the purpose for the DEFAULT.WWWTPL file? I have recently installed
>ListServ 1.8c for Windows NT and noticed it in the main directory, but I can
>find no reference to it anywhere in the docs or on L-Soft's site.

It sounds like you actually have a 1.8d beta kit.  The file is documented
in the current 1.8d beta manuals in

 ftp://ftp.lsoft.com/listserv/beta-1.8d/manuals-beta

>I noticed that DEFAULT.WWWTPL file contains templates for list management and
>other admin functions. Can 1.8c be set up to use it?

1.8c itself can't.  Depending on the build date of the software (do SHOW
LICENSE) you may be able to apply a 1.8d LAK and use most of the list
management functions.  How much of it is there is really a function of
how new the beta kit is.  Note that current beta kits report as 1.8d and
require a 1.8d LAK to start.

I would imagine 1.8c builds dated around the beginning of this year would
have most of the list management tools (but again this requires a 1.8d LAK).

Nathan