"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:43:01 EDT
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:41:29 -0500 Nathan Brindle said:
>It remembers the number of messages specified by Daily-Threshold= for
>the list. (50 default.)
>
>Nathan
>
>At 07:49 AM 9/23/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>We use listserv for some distribution only, announcement type, functions.
>>Some of these have very similar, if not identical, messages posted regularly
>>and I'm getting some complaints about messages bouncing with the "duplicate"
>>message.

We deal with that by putting either the date or date and time inside the
body of the email for such lists.  It's enough to change the values to
allow the posting, because it truly isn't a duplicate, and you can show
that to people.