LISTSERV Administrator <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:05:08 EST
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:03:00 -0700 Patricia Cerna said:
>There is a mailing list for listproc -  [log in to unmask]  I also
>accidently signed up for the LSTSRV-L mailing list thinking it was for
>Listserv.

It *is* for LISTSERV.  It says so in the description and the header.
LISTSERV is to list management software as Kleenex is to facial tissues.

>When I asked a question on this list I was ever so nicely (tongue in cheek)
>told
>that I was *NOT* using *THE* trademarked LST Listserv.  But I continue to
>follow
>this mailing list as well as the listproc.

"Nice" is very subjective.  Don't blame the list for your initial
ignorance.

>I just thought I'd let you know that I have never heard mention of your
>*LISTSERV* on the other list. Nor have I ever seen negative comments about any
>other software. So...no cheap shots are being taken at your software...they're
>just getting down to business.

It's not my software.  It just happens to be the mailing list management
software that was chosen for my site.  We'd get down to business, too, if
other folks didn't keep bringing up other types of software on a list
that's not appropriate to those types of software.

>Just thought you ought to know.

Now ask me if I care.