Conor Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:06:00 -0500
I have LSMTP set up as the mailer.  The problem is not in sending out all
the messages but in getting them.  All the people on our list are getting
the messages except the people in our company.  These email addresses need
to go through the Exchange server to get to us.  The only thing that we have
changed was to make it a closed relay system, now none of the emails from
the list can get through.  All other emails seem to get through just fine.

Conor

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Shannon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 1:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Open/Closed relay

>We set up a listserv on a server that resides on our DMZ.  We
>had the LSMTP
>server set-up to point to our exchange server.

If you've genuinely got LSMTP running on your LISTSERV machine as well why
are you even bothering with Exchange at all?  All you're managing to do is
add an extra step where things can go wrong.  Just use LSMTP as your mailer
and it will do a far better job of delivering your list mail than Exchange
ever will.

Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.