Bob Kaneshige <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Oct 90 20:16:46 MST
>Terry, I  wrote the code  which generates  this message because  LSTSRV-L got
>something  like 150  copies  of the  same posting  from  someone at  BROWNVM.
>It's  a  network problem,  somewhere  an  RSCS  is  resending the  same  file
>zillions of time for some reason.
>
>  Eric

I'm glad  there's a  'simple' answer  for the  duplicate postings  problem :-)
as  I was  beginning to  think that  we  had a  problem here.  Just last  week
the postmaster  from BITNIC was  wondering if we had  a problem here  with our
LINKFAIL list;  she received the duplicate  mail rejection. I checked  into it
and  found 2  separate postings  sent  via distribute  from USCVM's  Listserv,
our nearest  backbone server. The first  saying '..processing mail from  ' the
original sender and the second saying '..processing mail from [log in to unmask]
I'll look  at the log  tomorrow to see  if this is  the case for  JNET-L also.

  Bob