Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:19:39 +1000
> What, exactly, should I put in there to enable the browser
> to enable folks with Netscape 4.7?

Stephen

First of all, I'm assuming you're using 1.8e??  I didn't keep copies of the
1.8d templates after I upgraded & I can't remember if the same applied. :-|

In the default $WWW_IMAGES_URL template you should find a block at the very
bottom that looks like this:

.* Header and trailer use some non-standard attributes for <TABLE> and <TD>
.* If you require complete adherence to the HTML 4.01 standard,
.* set STANDARD_HTML to YES (only applies to the L-Soft-provided
.* header and trailer)

.SE STANDARD_HTML NO

Change the line '.SE STANDARD_HTML NO' to '.SE STANDARD_HTML YES' and save
the template.

This will automatically force the default $WWW_ARCHIVE_HEADER and
$WWW_ARCHIVE_TRAILER to use standard HTML 4.01 code when closing off tables.
If you look at the code of both these templates you'll see where it checks
if STANDARD_HTML has been set to 'yes' or 'no'.

If you've created custom headers or footers then you may have to do some
manual fixup on your own.  YMMV.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.