Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 May 1996 00:28:02 EDT
I asked earlier and got no concrete leads so I'm asking again...

I maintain several lists here, serve as Listserv maintainer (and thus get
other list problems), and have for ages.  The error monitoring was a big
blessing to me tracking errors.  Unfortunately, error checking for my
largest and most active list has stopped -- no notifications, nothing;
yet this list generates the most bounces and I know very well that the
bounces are usually clearly formatted for Listserv to intercept.

Why is it no longer monitoring errors on this list?  I have set no
special options (to my knowledge).  I was getting error reports for
months up until around February or so, and they stopped; I haven't
received one since.  The list header has nothing out of the ordinary;
it has been relatively unchanged in the last six years.

Does anyone have any clues?  I can provide more info if you have any
remote suspicions and will provide list headers, bounces, etc.; whatever
you care to look at.  I've never felt so clueless in my numerous years
of Listserv administration.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>