"Eckard, Steve - eckardsl" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 21:42:10 +0000
I'll check into this Monday. Thanks so much to all for the input!

From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Paul Russell [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 11:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: gmail accounts

On 2/3/2012 11:07, Eckard, Steve - eckardsl wrote:
> Looks like the three that was sent to me  by the owner/moderator were approval messages.

Does this problem affect posting approval requests for a single list, posting approval
requests for multiple lists, other types of administrative messages from listserv.jmu.edu,
or all types of messages - including list distributions - from listserv.jmu.edu?

Has this been an ongoing problem, or did it start recently?

Have you asked the list owner to check his/her personal filters?

We have several list owners, editors, and moderators who use gmail accounts to manage
their lists. We get occasional reports of missing administrative messages from gmail
users, but I am not aware of any pattern that would lead me to believe that gmail is
filtering administrative messages from LISTSERV servers. Perhaps there is something in
these specific messages that triggered a gmail spam filter or a user-defined filter.

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team