Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 27 Jan 1994 07:18:05 -0500
I will soon post a request here to find a host for several lists, but first I
have a question.  I currently own a small list whose Listserv has a policy
of sending all list messages to another "high speed" Listserv for
distribution.  The "high speed" Listserv has three intervening nodes
between it and my Listserv, and so given that there are five BITNET nodes
in all that are involved (the 3 intervening and the 2 endpoints), list
mail is typically delayed by 8 to 12 hours, or sometimes a day, and may
arrive in a different order than posted, given that any of the 5 nodes may
be slowed or stopped at any time.

Is there a standard, brief phrase that describes the practise of having
Listserv mail standardly distributed by another site, or the practise of a
Listserv distributing its own mail?  I'd like to refer to this practise
with a brief phrase when I later post my request to find a Listserv to
host one ot two lists I'd like to move and a new one I'd like to create.

Thanks for any assistance!  Please reply to my private address since I am
not usually subscribed to this list.

-- Roger Burns   [log in to unmask]